Choosing a Qualified Agency vs. Hiring a Caregiver Privately
Should you choose an agency or hire a private caregiver? Consider these issues when you are making your decisions.
Private Pay Agencies:
- Interview and Employ their staff
- Check references and criminal background checks.
- Employment Authorization checks (Immigration and citizenship)
- Have coverage for Worker’s Comp and Payroll Taxes
- Staff is Licensed, Insured and Bonded.
- Supervision of aides and clients’ Care Plans
- Ongoing training and development of the work force.
- Scheduling changes (back up coverage) and 24 hour on-call coverage
- Careful screening and development of Individualized Care Plans.
When Hiring Private Caregivers:
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS THE FAMILY’S RESPONSIBILITY
Please call 508-366-5689 for more information or additional assistance.Click here to download our brochure